- 01. Saint Joan
02. Mourning Glory
03. All Is Said And Done
04. That's Him
05. Golden Age Of Rage
06. The Song Of Wandering Aengus
07. Chicken Hearts
09. Gluton for Punishment
10. The Season
12 Swampland[engl] Revolving around singer/songwriters Johanna Brockman and her partner Dimitri Kucharzewski, Midnight Scavengers are a unique and compelling presence. Situated between sinister violent beauty and volatile fragmented shyness, Johanna Brockman, once a member of James McCann’s Dirty Skirt Band, and The Brian Hooper Band (who opened for Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds on their 2009 Tour) met up with now partner in songs Dimitri Kucharzewski (Nikki Sudden’s Last Bandits, The Hollowmen) in Berlin in 2011 to create the core of what would become Midnight Scavengers. After relocating to Melbourne in 2012, they grew to a five piece with the addition of Jeff Hooker (Brian Hooper’ s band, Kim Salmon, The Darling Downs) on bass, Tim O’Shannassy (MJ Halloran, Paradise Motel, Penny Ikinger) on drums, and Andrew Watson (The Man Who Wasn’t There, Charlie Marshall) on violin and guitar. Midnight Scavengers have become an extremely well respected and recognized band, playing alongside legendary figures such as Spencer P. Jones, Kim Salmon, Hugo Race and Ron S. Peno among others.
- 01. Amy
02. Summer Stress Good
03. 7 Years
04. Femme Fatale
07. Don't Forget
10. The Walk
12. Je Ne Sais Pas Quoi Faire...[engl] Chatterbox is a French duet born from its passion for Flying Nuns and the Scottish C88 scene. Their debut LP was recorded at Kerwax by Christophe Chavanon and here comes a raw and minimalist pop magnified by a delicate and ethereal female voice reminding of the ghosts of Young Marble Giant, The Vaselines or Rowland S. Howard.
- [engl] Fuzz guitars, beating drums, sweat and groove! Black Boys On Moped come from Rennes, France, and play fast and loud. Their garage rock smells oil, gas and beer. Highly recommended to every fan of Jay Retard, Black Box Revelation and Bass Drum Of Death!
- [engl] Just one year after the release of their album "Bird of Prey", a rich year of touring, it is the release in Europe and the USA of their 3rd album "The Biggest Sound". We are proud to present ESCOBAR. It is a duet formed by Rémi (of Weird'Omen / Anomalys) and Charly (of the mythical band of the 90s The Bushmen / Daria). ESCOBAR rings the era of the return of Lo-Fi, the Grunge !!! "Wild and frenetic on stage, swing a punk electrified grunge garage and songs that remain in the head". In any case, experts in the field, Heatwave, Mowno or even Still In Rock agree that the band has experience of its influences and rewards to the minimalist, minimalist, a Rock'n'Roll Without concession and without plagiarism!
- [engl] ”What we do is a secret, what we do is a hoax,” sings The Toxics on their debut album. There were no secrets or hoaxes in the making of the album but there were a lot of changes. The Toxics is the love child of the singer Jens Hortling and the guitarist Ilkka Luttinen. It had always been a trio playing primitive garage rock. But in the years 2016 and 2017 the band had to reinvent itself. First they drafted a new guitarist Juha Laine and then they started to make a record. The sound of that record would be different from the old Toxics and not only because they brought a bass to the line up. The first album has escaped from the garage towards more nuanced spaces. There’s pub rock, power pop and influences from 1960’s garage rock. Hortling’s voice and Luttinen’s guitar are recognizable but other than that the band sounds new. In the year 2017 The Toxics have five members. Hortling sings, Luttinen and Laine play guitar, Ari-Pekka Heinola is on bass and Riku Korhonen on drums. The song on which they sing about secrets and hoaxes is called: Secret. The Toxics may have stumbled but they never fell. They believe in the power of rock. Mastered by Tim Warren.
- 01. Drive
02. Baby, You All Wrong
03. Cocaine Blues
04. Superfly Lady
05. Sundown And Slow
06. Do The Monkey Rat
08. Hot Baked Cornbread And Spice
09. I'm On
10. Keys To The Kingdom[engl] ‘Bide My Time Until I Die' features the Toronto duo slammin’ out 10 new bangers that capture both the simplicity, and the energy of their live shows. Recorded over 3 different sessions, one in Memphis and two in Toronto, CATL. wanted to make a record that allowed each engineer to interpret the songs in their own way. Adam Hill at Sam Phillips Studio, Jeff McMurrich at Sonology, and Walter Sobczak at Revolution Recording had no idea what the other engineer was up to and were left alone to do their thing. Garage Rock legend Jim Diamond (of the now defunct Ghetto Recorders studio in Detroit) brought it all together in the mastering process, somewhere in France.
- [engl] From the opening track Hanging Church (feat Spencer P. Jones with a trademark solo) The Braves take you on a sonic ride that will convince you that they are on the up. Formed late 2012 on the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia, The Braves came cutting through the surrounding noise to create a sound and a notoriety that is uniquely their own. Starting with Djesse Bolte on bass and Kelly Watson on guitar, the two quickly found the drummer to suit in Ethan Leversha, the last outcast in town. With a mission statement fully in tact and the sound to follow The Braves started playing every opportunity they got from warehouse parties to backwash bars, artist collectives to the deserts and anarchist centres while building the ever-evolving mould of their music.
- 01. 12AX7
02. Deep Black Hole
05. Cracked Actor
06. Down On The Street
07. GGG Land
08. Skeleton Coast
09. A Little Hell Of My Own
10. Under The Ground[engl] Chicken Diamond is the French lunatic that has already given us 4 albums of terrifying primal blues that sound like he is backed by the lost lords of rock’n’roll. This record takes the music away from that and creates something even more compelling. His vocal changes too, it’s not just that gargling gravel and petrol growl. He sings and even croons... The music has moved forward too, oh the blues are still there, and, trust me, they are just as harsh and demented as before. But there’s more in Skeleton Coast!
- [engl] Acoustic duo, Sleeper Bill (singer/ guitarist of Sleepwalkerz) and Mr Tof (upright bass for Hudson Maker) blend folk, blues, rockabilly and country to create a magnetic live show of original music. The two friends came together in 2015 with a mutual love of Americana, influenced by heavyweights Johnny Cash, Hank III and Bob Wayne, which shines through their vintage sound. They recruited the beautiful Mylène in 2016 on the musical saw and washboard, adding to their twang and continuing to present their own catchy rhythms and melodies with tales of heartache and loneliness.
- [engl] James McCann’s latest album with the New Vindictives, Gotta Lotta Move - Boom!, released on vinyl on French label Beast Records and on CD on Off the Hip, sees McCann return to the punk rock roots that inspired him as a teenager. Featuring a co-write with Penny Ikinger (I Can Control Your Mind) and a cover of Spencer P Jones’ Life in Jail, Gotta Love Move - Boom! is nine doses of punk-spiked rock’n’roll guaranteed to kick you into excitement. This is a record awash with the punk attitude of the Sex Pistols, the rhythmic brutality of Feedtime and the leather-clad rock’n’roll passion of Motörhead.
- [engl] Melbourne’s soul-surf garage party animals La Bastard return with their long awaited third studio album, Trouble. Recorded at Soundpark Studios in Melbourne with Andrew “Idge” Hehir (Swedish Magazines, Dave Graney, Darling Downs) and mixed by Sam Lowe (Eaten By Dogs), Trouble is La Bastard’s most realised work to date. A more personal, soul influenced affair, the band adds richness to their tight four-piece sound with complex arrangements and guest performances from a range of Melbourne’s most talented musicians. Featuring guest performances from Chris Russell (Chris Russell’s Chicken Walk), Joe Cope (Big Smoke), Zoe K, Kate Alexander (Junk Horses, Ute Root), Rich Davies and many more!
- [engl] Jesus & The Groupies are a stripped down duo that use the Delta blues & punk music as part of the recipe that brings some serious electric boogie to the stage and to their recordings. Formed by Marco Butcher (vocals, guitars & drums) and Luis Tissot (guitars, drums & loops), Jesus & The Groupies have released a bunch of singles from various European labels as well as two previous albums: "Black Heart Industry" and "Hot Chicks & Bad DJs". For "Weapons Nature Provided," their blazing third album, the duo decided to take it a step further and invite the punk master of blues, the boss of a unique harmonica and singing style, the legendary Walter Daniels to get on board! Adding their magic touch along the way, "Weapons Nature Provided" was blessed with a dream team cast of artists: Texacalla Jones (Tex & The Horseheads), Mike Mariconda (Devil Dogs & Raunch Hands), Chet Weise (The Immortal Lee County Killers), plus Gary Lindsey, Greg Justus, and David Duet. This jaw-dropping ensemble brings you a dangerous, slick, and controversial, boogie supreme slice of wax that will provide some swank and swagger to your stereo.
- [engl] Hipbone Slim and The Kneetremblers are a most prolific and versatile musical combination. Prolific in that they have previously recorded and released ten albums of highly regarded, critically acclaimed, greatly sought-after and collectable music. Versatil in that they are able to perform music in many style, such as rock’n’roll, surf, beat, rockabilly, zydeco and of course both blues and rhythm and blues. Whatever the musical genre in which the Kneetremblers choose to play, at the heart of their music is always the blues!
- [engl]The Richmond Sluts may hail from San Francisco, but their hearts are far off in New York City, and their heads are stuck in other decades entirely. It would be easy to laud the quartet as the best glam trash band since the New York Dolls, but that's merely a convenient launch pad from which the Richmond Sluts set off into their long awaited 2nd album. Since categorization is a necessity in this age of overspecification, punk rock will do nicely, but doesn't begin to encompass just how cleverly the group churns other genres through its blender. The Sluts connect the dots between '60s garage punk and old school '70s style, then toss just a dash of new school into the mix. Variations on this recipe reverberate across the album, and answer a slew of niggling questions along the way. Ever wonder what the Dolls would sound like covered by a psychedelic band? Kept up at night trying to imagine a cross between the Cramps and the Velvet Underground? Curious what the result would be if a time warp sent Richard Hell circa 1978 a decade into the past? And what if Eddie & the Hotrods were really the Ramones with English accents? The Richmond Sluts answer all these brain teasers and more you've yet to even imagine, and they do it without an ounce of pretentiousness or braggadocio.
- [engl] Chouette is one of the best young French band from the plethoric Rennes stage. ‘You Don’t Know Why Your Run’ is their debut album and it’s damn good: 10 pure psyche-garage-blues-country-folk tunes! Think Captain Beefheart meets Thee Oh Sees and you’ve got the perfect deal!
- Französische Formation mit nicht ganz unbekannten Gesichtern (Ex-Members von Dum Dum Boys, Flaschen). Gespielt wird experimenteller Postpunk der die Tugenden von Wire, The Fall, Suicide, Stooges und so weiter vermengt und eine im Mid-Tempo gehaltene Ode an den Untergrund vergangener Zeiten darbringt. Freunde von Cheveu dürfen auch gerne antesten!
- [engl]Put it this way, Dimi Dero Inc are the greatest Australian band since The Drones – except for the fact they’re French. Gareth Liddiard’s “favourite European band since Einsturzende Neubauten”, the Paris four-piece draw from a sound cultivated in our part of the southern hemisphere for three decades. They’ve got plenty of cred, too: all of the band members have previously collaborated with former and current Nick Cave sidekicks like Mick Harvey, Hugo Race and Warren Ellis, and their Parisian residence includes the famed “Kanga-room” where many Europe-visiting Australian acts have stayed at different times. Already cheekily labelled “the best Australian rock record of recent years”, the cheerfully-titled Cremation Day... certainly sounds pretty damn Aussie for a bunch of Frogs. Leader Dimi Dero sneers, leers and swears like Chris Bailey crossed with Gaz, while the band’s dual guitar attack has Beasts Of Bourbon/Drones/classic-period Scientists written all over it. Even cooler, the first two songs – Unfair Enough and Bored – respectively tip the beret to Morrissey’s You’re Going To Need Someone On Your Side and Bauhaus’ In The Flat Field and as soon as the piercing fuzz and scuzz of Recipe For Happiness and Little Big Baby hits the speakers, you can practically smell stale beer and ciggies.
- [engl] Chicken Snake is the new JERRY TEEL (Honeymoon Killers, Boss Hog, The Chrome Cranks, Knoxville Girls, Little Porkchop, Jerry Teel & The Big City Stompers) and PAULINE OWENS-TEEL (Jerry Teel & The Big City Stompers) project. 500 copies only.
- Mehr oder weniger sowas wie ne Split gibts hier - Texas Terri ist bei den ersten 4 Songs am Start, Kevin K und Co nicht nur den Rest, sondern backen auch die TT-Nummern. Aber was soll uns das sagen? Richtig - eigentlich nix! Die Platte kommt trotz wechselnder Besetzung wie aus einem Guss. Nach ganz vorn rockender (Glam-)Punk/ Proto-Punk mit fetten Einflüssen von den Stooges bis New York Dolls und Johnny Thunders. 9 Songs, alle gut.
- [engl] Dead Horse Problem debut album presents something like a vicious and haunted voodoo rock’n’roll punk. No bass guitar but a loud fuzz lead guitar supported by unruffled rhythm guitars (with special guests like Dave Butterworth from The Double Agents, Julian Poulson from The Green Mist), magical drums and a kind of free baritone saxophone gliding in the airs. This album is highly recommended to every fans of Reigning Sounds (listen to DHP “Straight Shooter” cover!), Compulsive Gamblers, Howlin’ Wolf, RL Burnside…
- [engl] Lady Jane is a French band based in Rennes city, Brittany. “In Pieno!” is their second album through Beast Records and their music is still a kind of weird dirty psychedelic blues rock lost somewhere between the early Rolling Stones and the Gun Club. This album is rawest than their first release “The Youngest Was The Least Loved” and is still something like a fuzzy throbbing vicious psychedelic rock’n’roll blues.