- [engl] Welsh folk- prog group Pererin are still not known to have released a 4th album in their career?. and thats because it was only released on cassette, and most of the copies remained shelved without distribution. But its a wonderful album and here we are to rescue that music before its too late! Released in the mid 80s, Yng ngolau dydd is the most traditional work by Pererin. On this one you won?t find electric guitar, or keyboards. This is much more traditional Welsh folk, with strong use of mandoline, as well as electric guitar, percussions, violin and some flute as well. A strong album, featuring some tracks that might be among the best of the groups whole repertory, like the instrumental closing track, which still has the relaxing prog feel of some earlier works. Now released in a 500 limited CD only pressing, with mastertape sound and new artwork.
- [engl] Watch out for this rarity. You know the Tree People, late 70s predecessors of the ongoing new folk movement in the USA. You know their 1979 debut album and you know it's a masterpiece?.. but oh well, did you know about their second album??? Surely not, especially because it was a cassette only release at the time with a very short print. Luckily enough, the Tree People guys kept the mastertapes of these recordings and we're proud to be making this wonderful music available now. Vinyl version will come later, here's the CD with splendid sound quality. The music here is equally as good, if not better, than the self- titled debut and a real must for any folk and psych- folk lover. Acoustic guitars, subtile percussions, wonderful flute work and some warm vocals, but overall a real big dose of quality and originality that makes the Tree People music be absolutely ahead of its time and therefore so much admired today. A real beauty! The CD comes with a booklet including liners by the band's leader Stephen Cohen, as well as some pictures.
- 01. Graveyard ?Inner Space
02. Urizen (Your Reason)
03. I don?t mind
05. Read me
06. Rock me, roll me
07. Hidden monsters
08. Memory (Don?t fail me)
09. Wonder why I?m sick
10. Like a river flows
11. Inner Space (Previously Unreleased Mix)
[engl] Chicago, early 70s. Greg Herriges is obsessed with Lennon, 12- string guitars and far- out psychedelic sounds. Rick Vittenson is a Beach Boys- Hollies- Who fanatic who writes for Crawdaddy! magazine. Both had previously played in several garage- college bands during the 60s. Combining their mutual love for Sixties music, Athanor was born. With the help of top studio musicians, they recorded and self- released three 45s between 1973 and 1975 (the first one produced by Mark Breyer, with whom Rick had played in pre- Skooshny band Brevity) which are now highly sought- after by fans of obscure psychedelic pop. All of them are featured here in stellar sound taken from the master tapes along with previously unreleased studio tracks and superb sounding home demos (1973- 1981), plus a new song recorded in 2006 in the same vein as their vintage recordings. Athanors music features impressive songwriting & musicianship, a collision of Beatlesque harmony vocals, Rickenbacker & Guild 12- string guitars, occasional fuzz- wah leads, Fender Rhodes, studio effects. Psychedelic proto- power pop highly recommended to anyone into Lazy Smoke, Badfinger, Only Ones, Emitt Rhodes, Rockin? Horse, Creme Soda.?
- [engl] One of Colombia's better known 60's & 70's groups is Los Flippers. But few people outside Colombia knows about this wonderful 1973 album they did. It's probably because it was self- released by their leader Arturo Astudillo's own label rather than the bigger labels they used before, hence low sales. But in any case, it's no doubt a great album that must be heard. The music on this album is quite special, as it blends psychedelia with progressive sound and soul as well. With a very good production, here we find Los Flippers at their peak of inspiration and being now a bunch of very experimented musicians. The result is much more mature than any of their previous works of course, and they really achieved a sound that ranges with any supergroup. With all original compositions except a Buddy Miles cover, they used a good dose of psychedelic effects and some tasty horns as well. As an addition, this first ever reissue comes with a killer bonus track from an earlier 45, with a killer sound reminiscent of Iron Butterfly. Remastered sound from tapes (except the bonus track), and insert with liners by Arturo Astudillo.
- 01. Tao Ch'ang Wu Wei
03. Kamakura Dragons
04. Lamplight Shines
[engl] Steve Linnegar was an accomplished songwriter, musician, painter and martial arts disciple. A legendary figure from the South African 60s- 70s underground music scene, the ''hippie king of Cape Town'' formed the Snakeshed band in the 70s along with top guitar player Martin Kopelowitz and keyboardist / producer Peter Hubner. Refusing offers from some record labels who insisted they should go ''commercial'', they decided to record and release their first album, ''Classic Epics'', all by themselves.
- 1. The Incredible Stan (1982)
2. Ralph The Poisoned Ferret(1983)
3. Edwin Threlfall, Man Of Many Parts (1981)
4. Can't Stand People (1981)
5. Mabel's Undercover Lover (1983)
6. Life On Brighton Pier (1981)
7. Mabel Incurs A Four Point Penalty (1982)
8. The Slough Tobacconist's Blues (1981)
9. I Want To Make A Million (1986)
10. Glory, Glory Halitosis (1983)
11. Give Your Lunch To A Lemming (1981)
12. Elephants Over Dingo Rock (It Must Be Love) (1982)
13. I Wanna Play With You (1981)
14. Just Can't Dance (1983)
15. Thanks For The Home Run, Elijah (1982)
16. Alight With Prowling Hamburgers (1981)
17. McStoat (1981)
18. Not A Love Song (1983)
19. Pervert (1985)
20. Luton Beds (1982)
21. The Parting (1980)
22. The Fish Fetishist (1981)[engl] Bedroom / lo- fi psychedelia by these unsung heroes from the 80s DIY cassette culture scene. From outsider synth- pop to Barrett- esque lysergic folk, from lo- fi garage- punk to basement prog: acid- fuzz guitars, cheap keyboards, primitive electronics, homemade vibe and bizarre, funny lyrics. Pig Rider were formed in Kent, UK, in the late 60s by John Mayes and Colin Kitchener. With the help from some friends they recorded and self- released a series of acetate only psych- folk albums in the mid- 70s (''Heterophonies'', ''Bloody Turkey Sandwiches''?) which are prime examples of early DIY psychedelic music, highly sought- after since a review of ''Heterophonies'' appeared on the Galactic Ramble book. In 2013, collector Alexandre Mansuy (from the influential ''Somewhere There Is Music'' blog), having only listened to their ''Heterophonies'' album, found John and Colin and was astonished when they told him their story: ''Heterophonies'' was only one of their many, many great recordings, 22 in all, including 45s, acetates and tapes. Those included complete, and to date unperformed, opera for schools, a song- cycle about Luton, a town they knew nothing about; songs designed to be played backwards, songs which are slightly offensive and others which are too offensive to play at all, anywhere, ever.
- Sixties / Psychedelic
- Sixties / Psychedelic
- [engl] Same titled album by Oregon group Tree People has finally reached its deserved status after the excellent CD reissue released by Japanese label Tiliqua a couple years ago. ''Tree People'' is no other than a fantastic piece of hippie acid folk that clearly anticipates today's ''Freak Folk'' movement. Very clean production, with an Eastern flavour noticeable in many passages and using acoustic guitars, varied percussions and flutes, while the strong vocals of Stephen Cohen finalize the picture. Remastered sound from masters, has insert with rare photos.
- 01. Love Shining
02. I Feel So Bad
03. Inside Out
04. No Long Song
05. Something That's Coming
06. Behind a Cloud
07. Moral Sense
09. You Look at Me
10. Somehow, Someway
11. Dead in the Rain
12. Roll Me like the Ocean (Writing Demo)
13. Roll Me like the Ocean (2014)
14. You Look at Me (Reprise) / Drayevarg
[engl] The follow- up to our acclaimed ''Flashback'' (Guess110), finds Athanor (the duo formed by Greg Herriges and Rick Vittenson) digging deeper into their archives and coming out with and amazing set of previously unreleased recordings, done at their state- of- the- art home studio back at the time. Captivating Beatle'esque, fuzzed- out psychedelia & folk- rock full of Lennon- esque vocals and 12- string Rickenbackers by '70s Chicago wunderkind duo. 1973- 1977 recordings plus one '70s- era track cut in 2014 with Jeff Murphy (Shoes) on backup vocals. Basement psych- pop and proto- power pop has rarely sounded better! Remastered sound from the original tapes, insert with rare photos and detailed liner notes by Jeremy Cargill (Ugly Things/Got Kinda Lost) and Jeff Murphy (Shoes).'' These aren't longing, writing demos with tossed- off guide attempts, but instead full- form creations? The pulsating waves of snaking fuzz opening the set with ''Love Shining'' prepare you for the trip with an indelible riff, while moments of soul exorcism lay bare elsewhere'' - Jeremy Cargill
- 01. Prophecies / Morning Blue
02. Prism Fawn
03. One Eyed Minor
04. Feels Like Love
05. Silver Children
06. Valley Of Eyes
07. Without You
08. For The Best Offer
09. What Were You Looking For (Bonus Track)
10. I'm Satisfied
[engl] Definitive vinyl edition of this lost album from the Bosstown Sound scene. Front Page Review rubbed shoulders with bands like Eden's Children, Beacon Street Union and Strawberry Alarm Clock. With legendary producer Alan Lorber behind the controls, they recorded in 1968 a whole album for MGM which was never released at the time. ''Mystic Soldiers'' is a prime example of late 60s US psychedelic rock, featuring a young Steve Cataldo (Saint Steven, Nervous Eaters) on songwriting / vocals. All the right ingredients are featured here: wah- fuzz guitars, organ, phasing, effects? Master tape sound, two bonus tracks, new cover design with unseen band photo, insert with detailed liner notes by Jeremy Cargill (Got Kinda Lost / Ugly Things) telling the story of the band for the first time.
- 01. Wishes
02. Fools Paradise Part 2
03. The Wind At Eve
04. Margaret O' Grady
05. I Heard A Man Say
06. O Weary Brain
07. Cool September
08. Fools Paradise a) Children Of Ice b) Will You Be There c) E.I.E.I.O d) End Game
[engl] Dave Madden and Peter Harris were a teacher / pupil folk duo from Sidney who in 1975 recorded and self- released this progressive / psychedelic folk- rock masterpiece. British influenced sound with lots of mellotron, vintage keyboards, strings, drums, fuzz bursts, dreamy vocals, etc, containing an impressive 20- minute long suite which has to be heard to be believed.
- [engl] Fathers of freak folk / folk psych pioneers The Tree People have incredibly made it again. Responsible of two awesome works in the late 70's and early 80's, here they are now with a new album and we can tell you sound exactly as they did 30 years ago. This could be their best work ever. Mellow, tender freak folk with acoustic guitar, double bass, recorder, flute and percussion. Eleven new tracks, plus a new version of ''Space heater'' which was in their 1979 debut. Includes insert with photos and liners both by band leader Stephen Cohen and folk- psych connoisseur Gerald Van Waes.