- [engl]This is the reissue of a 1958 album by Henk Badings and Dick Raajmakers (aka Kid Baltan) composers, arrangers, conductors and pioneers in the field of electronic music. The 1968 release „Evolution & contrasts“ contains the same recordings as the 1958 „Electronic music“ album. But what exactly do these nowadays scarce as gold dust albums. Bading and Raajmakers create electronic soundscapes with a rather creepy atmosphere. This stuff is different to the 50s avant garde classic as well as to the more pop oriented electronic albums of the same time. Badings „Capriccio for violin and two sound tracks“ can be seen as strange dialogue with sloping melodies between the violin and unidentifiable electronic devices that gives you goosebumps. It has a rather picturesque approach and might be used for early horror flicks as accompanying music for the horrifying scenes. The amazing fact is that this music still sounds fresh and exciting even nearly six decades after its initial release. The lengthy „Genese“ on the other hand is a lengthy composition of chirping, bubbling and droning sounds swelling and ebbing away in regular intervals. Cosmic music of the highest order. Some sections also feel like an intergalactic information transfer signal of unknown origin.
- 01. Urdarbrunnr
02. I Vølven's Vev
03. Lys i Skyggen
04. Hjertet av Livstreet
06. Solhjul Bortenfor Nordavind
07. Vi Høster som Vi Sår
08. Vølven's Gravhaug
09. Sol og Måne
10. Almødre Vølur
11. Njardar's Vogn
12. I Njardar's Favn[engl]Reissued for the first time! Plus 2 Bonus Tracks! Pierre Henry is most popular among rock fans for his collaboration with the English band SPOOKY TOOTH in 1969 but already had a great reputation as composer and performer in the field of modern classics, musique concrète and pioneering electronic avant garde. And so it is obvious that there have been quite a few albums by him and in cooperation with other artists not necessarily from the field of music. This record at hand dates back to 1958 and has been issued in an utterly limited quantity of 333 copies which nowadays go for 400,00+ EUROS among collectors. It features sound contributions by Pierre Henry, spoken word performances by popular French actors Michel Vitold and Silvia Montfort basing on two texts by fellow actor and singer Claude Pascal. It can be rather seen as an audio book than a regular music record backed with sounds. And the musical part of this album is even quite intense with a haunting atmosphere. If you understand French fairly well it will certainly bring you even more joy. This is a haunting affair, droning and disturbing at times. The drone music, the musique concrète shows the roots of what should become cosmic music in the late 60s and early 70s performed mostly by artists such as TANGERINE DREAM.
- 01. A Poem In Cycles And Bells For Tape Recorder And Orchestra
02. Piece For Tape Recorder
03. Suite From King Lear For Tape Recorder
04. The Fortunate Islands For String Orchestra[engl]You would never believe this record to be a relic from a past of electronic music that happened before anybody even spoke about rock music. In 1957 this compilation of electronic and orchestral compositions by the three masterminds Otto Luening, Vladimir Ussachevsky and William Bergsma saw the light of the stars for the first time and has become a cult piece among lovers of electronic space music since then, despite the fact that only the first side features the so called tape compositions of Luening and Ussachevsky from the 50s while Bergsma's lengthy piece from the B side gets performed by a regular orchestra consisting of living beings. You certainly have to lay back and let yourself drift away upon this stream of sound but it is still a very human effort all in all. All instruments are for real and even though this piece of music moves within the narrow borderlines of classic orchestral music patterns, there is a warm and gentle flow of energy pouring out of it and reaching out for your mind. Luening and Ussachevsky on the other hand work with sounds of undefined origin recorded on tape reels which are their main instruments for creating something new out of everything. The result is dark and gloomy. It pulls you away from your earthly existence and drags you out into space to the furthest corners of the cosmos.
- Weshalb sind Sammler bereit, 250 US$ für eine LP auszugeben, die ursprünglich als eine Zusammenstellung pädagogisch wertvoller Kinder-Lieder veröffentlicht wurde ?Weil diese 1963 erschienene LP eine absolut verrückte Mixtur aus Kinderliedern und elektronischen Sound-Effects ist. Experimentelle Klangcollagen treffen auf Gute-Nacht-Geschichten; spacig, freakig, abgedreht , und Dank der nun vorliegen Re-Issue zu erschwinglichen Preisen zu haben.