Hier findet ihr die Künstler/Bands.
- 01. George Mukabi - Sengula Nakupenda
02. George Mukabi - Festo Amahaya
03. George Mukabi - Daudi Nyanza
04. George Mukabi - Bibi Mzuri Nyumbani
05. George Mukabi - Bibi Mama Ganzi Mzuri?
06. George Mukabi - Kuoa Utaoa
07. George Mukabi - Furaha Wenye Gita
08. George Mukabi - Raha Inopoteza
09. George Mukabi - Jared Onyango
10. George Mukabi - Tom Itabale
11. Peter Akwabi - Kifo Cha Mukabi
12. Johnstone Ouko - Mtoto Si Nguo[engl] An almost mythical figure of African acoustic guitar, George Mukabi's reinvention of fingerstyle quickly spread from western Kenya throughout East Africa before his tragic death in 1963. Hailing from the Luhya speaking Kisa Region, George Mukabi combined local elements of the nyatiti lyre and sukuti drum into the bouncing "omutibo" guitar style, in which melody, rhythm and bass lines all merged in two hands on one instrument. An imposing man that was both respected and feared, he sang of the tumults of marriage, morality and Kenyan life, selling hundreds of thousands of records in East and Central Africa, though only dimly recognized overseas. 54 years after his passing, we are proud to help preserve the legacy and legend of George Mukabi with the first comprehensive album of his music released outside of East Africa. LP includes a 12 page booklet featuring an oral history by George's son, Johnstone Ouko Mukabi, along with several other peers and family members, as well as full lyrics in Swahili and English.
- Roots & Hybrid - Africa
Mehr vom Label »Mississippi«
Mehr zum Genre » Roots & Hybrid - Africa«
- HALU MERGIA ist eine Einmannband. 1985 veröffentlichte der Meisterakkordeonspieler und altgediente Bandleader/Arrangeur/Keyboarder die Kassette ,Hailu Mergia & His Classical Instrument". Voller Nosta