- 01. Blackie And The Moonlight Serenader - Elton Two Step
02. Shirley & Alphee Bergeron & The Veteran Playboys - Fais Do Do
03. The Cajun Trio Plus One - La Bonne Cord, Mauvais Yo Yo
04. Alphee Bergeron - Lover's Blues
05. Lawrence Walker - Lena Mae
06. Lee Sonnier And His Acadian All Stars - Along The River
07. Lawrence Walker - The Unlucky Waltz
08. Louisiana Lannis - Muscadine Eyes
09. Lawrence Walker & His Wandering Aces - Keep your Hand Off It
10. Vin Bruce - Big Texas
11. The Cajun Trio - La Cravate
12. Jay Stutes - Mariez Vous Donc Jamais
13. Shirley & Alphee Bergeron & The Veteran Playboys - Quel Etoile
14. Blackie And The Moonlight Serenaders - La Robe Barre[engl] The long awaited Cajun Stomps Volume 2 is now available! Houserocking collection of cajun party killers from the 50s & 60s.
- 01. Aint Got A Leg To Stand On
02. Bad Dumplings
03. One More Shot
04. You Make My Blood Boil
05. Distant Love
06. Genie In The Lamp
07. Square Peg In A Round Hole"
08. Havana Cadillac
09. Icing On The Cake
10. Slow Burn
11. The Eyes Have It
13. Voodoo Love
14. Where Do I Go From Here?[engl] Hipbone Slim and The Kneetremblers are a most prolific and versatile musical combination. Prolific in that they have previously recorded and released ten albums of highly regarded, critically acclaimed, greatly sought-after and collectable music. Versatil in that they are able to perform music in many style, such as rocknroll, surf, beat, rockabilly, zydeco and of course both blues and rhythm and blues.Whatever the musical genre in which the Kneetremblers choose to play, at the heart of their music is always rocknroll!
- 01. Ghosts In Your Mind
02. You Can’t Give It Away
03. The Trade Winds
04. Pájaros Del Mar
05. Oh Night
08. Somewhere Lost In Time[engl] The new Johnny Casino album ´Trade Winds´ recorded and produced in North Fremantle Western Australia by Kenny´killer´Watt and Johnny Casino, featuring Warren Hall (Datura 4, Ex Volcanics, Ex Drones) Martyn P Casey (Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, Grinderman, The Triffids), Dom Mariani (DM3, The Stems), Greg Hitchcock (The Bamboos, Ex You Am I), Johnny Phatouros (The Volcanics), Richard Lane (The Stems), Carrie and Jodi Phillis (Boobytraps-The Clouds)
- Garage / Powerpop
- 01. Red Light
02. Shakin’ Around
03. Up in the Room
04. Wait For Your Love
05. Don’t Know Why
06. Like That
07. Sun Sinking Low
09. C’mon DJ
10. Jesus on the Mainline
11. Very Bad Feeling
12. How Long[engl] Hard to grab an original vinyl album of Mr Airplane Man out on Sympathy For The Records Industry back in the days, right? Beast Records are hopefully here to release this must have compilation including tunes from Mr Airplane Man first self-titled LP, “Moanin’” , “C’Mon DJ” and so on.
- 01. I'm In Love
02. Blood From A Stone
03. Deep Blue
04. (Do You Wanna) Hang Out
05. Sweet Like A
06. Blue As I Can Be
07. Good Time
09. Never Break
10. Angels Between Us (For Mark)
11. Inoubliable Day
12. Where I Belong
13. No Place To Go[engl] After a 13-year break from the road, the legendary two-woman garage Blues combo MR. AIRPLANE MAN is back with their sexiest, most sublime, soul-bending grooves yet brand new long-player, JACARANDA BLUE. Recorded in a magical shack right on the beach north of San Francisco JACARANDA BLUE is full of ocean California sunshine and MR. AIRPLANE MAN's unique dark sounds. The first song explodes on the A-side with the crackling ALAN VEGA slash JOHN LEE HOOKER inspired freak-out of Blues and lust "I'm In Love" and weaves through MORPHINE-ish atmospheres, swampy DR. JOHN type hoodoo, dark JESSE MAE HEMPHILL inspired trance Blues and dance floor Soul rockers. Deep Blues and garage Punk fans will delight in this latest adult dose of sex and magic conjured from earthly rhythms and ethereal desire. MR. AIRPLANE MAN is back, and more powerful than ever before. Available in the USA on Sympathy For The Record Industry, Beast Records make “Jacaranda Blue” available for Europe. The album comes with a different sleeve as well as a slightly different tracklisting.
- 01. The Spaceship Part I : Departure
02. The Spaceship Part II : Matsumoto 999
03. The Killing Joke
04. Time Travel Heartbreak
05. An Electric Prayer
06. Mexican Space Gods
07. Interstellar Sadness
08. Nazis On The Moon
09. The Robot
10. Ghosts Of The World War III[engl] CHICKEN SNAKES sound is likened to old rusty train wheels, screeching down a lonesome track at midnight... Or a Gris-Gris charm made of dirty swamp water, a pinch of graveyard dirt, a few bottles of Whisky & Gin, The Devil and Sin, stirred with a handful of rooster feathers- until mixed well... Do you remember The Druids of The Gué Charette? The Electric Nettles share one side of a split record with them Pretty sure you also enjoyed “All the Darkness Looks Alive” (Druids of The Gué Charette, Beast Records, BR250). So who the fuck are The Electric Nettles? Easy: they’re also the Druids of The Gué Charette… Are you ready for a heavy fuzz psych garage trip?
- Garage / Powerpop
- 01. Marjorie
05. Norma Jeane
08. Lucia[engl] Hoa Queen is a flower that comes from abroad. Bold and white, it breaks through the night before dying in the pale morning light. A beauty just given and already gone. Its petals will never taste the dew. Hoa Queen is one, all, or several women. The one screaming her pain, the one spitting her anger, the one that daydreams on a cell bench. An army of wounded bodies and wandering souls marching with grace through a scarlet night. A parade of damaged silhouettes dancing along with the intensity of despair. Marjorie, awaiting for death in a row, Lucia, giving away her flesh and self for money, Aileen taking her preys to the edges of a wood. Lizzie, Willow, Betty… Hoa Queen tells their stories, writes them on skins and strings. 5 musicians who have already been playing here and there, together and apart. 5 musicians carried by the whispers of those broken women, tuned to emotions, walking on a tightrope to create music coming from a deep place that smells like cotton, mud, sun and night, tears and blood.
- 01. Human
09. Wife[engl]Once the intro to opener “Human” gives way to its fully-realized sonic purpose, it’s obvious that Harlan T. Bobo’s fourth proper album, A History of Violence, is quite different from his previous body of work. The classic historical emotional heft of a songwriter trying to make sense of life’s chaos, think mid-70s Lou Reed, especially Coney Island Baby, is a thread that can be heard running through the album’s mid-tempo tracks like “Human” and the miniature literary tragedy that is “Nadine”. The punchier tracks on the album, like “Spiders”, might conjure very early Green On Red, what X’s mid-80s output could have been, or even the roots-rock tendencies of overlooked genius, Cass McCombs. A History of Violence still highlights Bobo’s whiskey-and-cigarette-informed vocal style, and on the more intimate tracks, it’s a distorted ear candy that warbles into increasingly sunken, uncomfortable places, like that of the songwriter with which comparisons have followed Bobo throughout his career: the late Leonard Cohen. But there is a richer canvas on which to work this time out, not to mention a decidedly heavier and darker one. The album was recorded in Memphis with Doug Easley, who has previously worked with Cat Power, Pavement, Wilco, Sonic Youth, Jon Spencer, and Jeff Buckley.
- 01. LAWRENCE WALKER “Allons Rock and Roll”
02. THE RAMBLING ACES “Two Steps de Vieux Temps”
03. FRANCHIE MARTIN & EDDIE SHULER’S RELIEVERS “Boogie Woogie Tout le Temps”
04. JAY STUTES AND THE ALL SUGAR BEE’S “Coming Home”
05. ADAM HEBERT AND THE COUNTRY PLAYBOYS “Open The Door”
06. ADAM HEBERT AND THE COUNTRY PLAYBOYS “North Side Door”
07. CLEVELAND CROCHET AND HIS BAND OF SUGAR BEE’S “Hound Dog Baby”
08. BADEAUX AND THE LOUISIANA ACES “The Back Door”
09. LAWRENCE WALKER “Opelousas Two Steps”
10. CLEVELAND CROCHET AND HIS BAND OF SUGAR BEE’S “Sweet Thing”
11. THE CAJUN TRIO “Cajun Twist ‘Le Tortillage’”
12. NATHAN ABSHIRE AND HIS PINE GROVE BOYS “Lemonade Song”
13. NATHAN ABSHIRE AND HIS PINE GROVE BOYS “Pine Grove Blues”
14. JAY STUTES & CLEVELAND CROCHET SUGAR BEE’S “Midnight Blues”[engl]Once the intro to opener “Human” gives way to its fully-realized sonic purpose, it’s obvious that Harlan T. Bobo’s fourth proper album, A History of Violence, is quite different from his previous body of work. The classic historical emotional heft of a songwriter trying to make sense of life’s chaos, think mid-70s Lou Reed, especially Coney Island Baby, is a thread that can be heard running through the album’s mid-tempo tracks like “Human” and the miniature literary tragedy that is “Nadine”. The punchier tracks on the album, like “Spiders”, might conjure very early Green On Red, what X’s mid-80s output could have been, or even the roots-rock tendencies of overlooked genius, Cass McCombs. A History of Violence still highlights Bobo’s whiskey-and-cigarette-informed vocal style, and on the more intimate tracks, it’s a distorted ear candy that warbles into increasingly sunken, uncomfortable places, like that of the songwriter with which comparisons have followed Bobo throughout his career: the late Leonard Cohen. But there is a richer canvas on which to work this time out, not to mention a decidedly heavier and darker one. The album was recorded in Memphis with Doug Easley, who has previously worked with Cat Power, Pavement, Wilco, Sonic Youth, Jon Spencer, and Jeff Buckley.
- Blues / Rock'n'Roll
- [engl] “Memories From a Sh*t Hole” is the Whodunit’s 4th album. Recorded and produced by Jim Diamond himself! 13 songs full of Jeffrey Lee Pierce and Lux Interior’s ghosts as well as The New Christs, Nomads, James Leg and Tow Wait’s influences. Garage anthems, pure punk songs, tortured boogie blues tunes, that’s Whodunit!
- 01. Hasenheide Blues
02. Dead Hills & Catacombs
03. Chinese Year Of The Dead Horse
04. The Lynchian Method
05. The Seventh Sun
06. Bigfoot Blues
07. Daddy Was A Narc
08. Death Of a Gringo
09. Sea Shanty For The Coming Inferno
10. How They Roared[engl] Death of a Gringo was recorded in a week live to tape: vocals, guitar, drums and bass all recorded live. Rhyece O'Neill taught Rick (bass) the songs a couple of weeks prior though Danny (drums) had never heard any of them until the day of the session. Once they had the right sound and were ready to go Rhyece would teach Danny and Rick the songs in the studio kitchen with an acoustic guitar. After a beer they were ready. They would go in and Nell (Engineer) would roll the tape. They never did more than three takes. Once a song was done they would go back to the kitchen, have another beer and learn another song. They recorded fifteen songs this way.
- 01. Drive
02. Baby, You All Wrong
03. Cocaine Blues
04. Superfly Lady
05. Sundown And Slow
06. Do The Monkey Rat
08. Hot Baked Cornbread And Spice
09. I'm On
10. Keys To The Kingdom[engl] ‘Bide My Time Until I Die' features the Toronto duo slammin’ out 10 new bangers that capture both the simplicity, and the energy of their live shows. Recorded over 3 different sessions, one in Memphis and two in Toronto, CATL. wanted to make a record that allowed each engineer to interpret the songs in their own way. Adam Hill at Sam Phillips Studio, Jeff McMurrich at Sonology, and Walter Sobczak at Revolution Recording had no idea what the other engineer was up to and were left alone to do their thing. Garage Rock legend Jim Diamond (of the now defunct Ghetto Recorders studio in Detroit) brought it all together in the mastering process, somewhere in France.
- [engl] From the opening track Hanging Church (feat Spencer P. Jones with a trademark solo) The Braves take you on a sonic ride that will convince you that they are on the up. Formed late 2012 on the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia, The Braves came cutting through the surrounding noise to create a sound and a notoriety that is uniquely their own. Starting with Djesse Bolte on bass and Kelly Watson on guitar, the two quickly found the drummer to suit in Ethan Leversha, the last outcast in town. With a mission statement fully in tact and the sound to follow The Braves started playing every opportunity they got from warehouse parties to backwash bars, artist collectives to the deserts and anarchist centres while building the ever-evolving mould of their music.
- 01. 12AX7
02. Deep Black Hole
05. Cracked Actor
06. Down On The Street
07. GGG Land
08. Skeleton Coast
09. A Little Hell Of My Own
10. Under The Ground[engl] Chicken Diamond is the French lunatic that has already given us 4 albums of terrifying primal blues that sound like he is backed by the lost lords of rock’n’roll. This record takes the music away from that and creates something even more compelling. His vocal changes too, it’s not just that gargling gravel and petrol growl. He sings and even croons... The music has moved forward too, oh the blues are still there, and, trust me, they are just as harsh and demented as before. But there’s more in Skeleton Coast!
- 01. Saint Joan
02. Mourning Glory
03. All Is Said And Done
04. That's Him
05. Golden Age Of Rage
06. The Song Of Wandering Aengus
07. Chicken Hearts
09. Gluton for Punishment
10. The Season
12 Swampland[engl] Revolving around singer/songwriters Johanna Brockman and her partner Dimitri Kucharzewski, Midnight Scavengers are a unique and compelling presence. Situated between sinister violent beauty and volatile fragmented shyness, Johanna Brockman, once a member of James McCann’s Dirty Skirt Band, and The Brian Hooper Band (who opened for Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds on their 2009 Tour) met up with now partner in songs Dimitri Kucharzewski (Nikki Sudden’s Last Bandits, The Hollowmen) in Berlin in 2011 to create the core of what would become Midnight Scavengers. After relocating to Melbourne in 2012, they grew to a five piece with the addition of Jeff Hooker (Brian Hooper’ s band, Kim Salmon, The Darling Downs) on bass, Tim O’Shannassy (MJ Halloran, Paradise Motel, Penny Ikinger) on drums, and Andrew Watson (The Man Who Wasn’t There, Charlie Marshall) on violin and guitar. Midnight Scavengers have become an extremely well respected and recognized band, playing alongside legendary figures such as Spencer P. Jones, Kim Salmon, Hugo Race and Ron S. Peno among others.
- 01. Amy
02. Summer Stress Good
03. 7 Years
04. Femme Fatale
07. Don't Forget
10. The Walk
12. Je Ne Sais Pas Quoi Faire...[engl] Chatterbox is a French duet born from its passion for Flying Nuns and the Scottish C88 scene. Their debut LP was recorded at Kerwax by Christophe Chavanon and here comes a raw and minimalist pop magnified by a delicate and ethereal female voice reminding of the ghosts of Young Marble Giant, The Vaselines or Rowland S. Howard.
- [engl] Fuzz guitars, beating drums, sweat and groove! Black Boys On Moped come from Rennes, France, and play fast and loud. Their garage rock smells oil, gas and beer. Highly recommended to every fan of Jay Retard, Black Box Revelation and Bass Drum Of Death!
- [engl] Just one year after the release of their album "Bird of Prey", a rich year of touring, it is the release in Europe and the USA of their 3rd album "The Biggest Sound". We are proud to present ESCOBAR. It is a duet formed by Rémi (of Weird'Omen / Anomalys) and Charly (of the mythical band of the 90s The Bushmen / Daria). ESCOBAR rings the era of the return of Lo-Fi, the Grunge !!! "Wild and frenetic on stage, swing a punk electrified grunge garage and songs that remain in the head". In any case, experts in the field, Heatwave, Mowno or even Still In Rock agree that the band has experience of its influences and rewards to the minimalist, minimalist, a Rock'n'Roll Without concession and without plagiarism!
- [engl] ”What we do is a secret, what we do is a hoax,” sings The Toxics on their debut album. There were no secrets or hoaxes in the making of the album but there were a lot of changes. The Toxics is the love child of the singer Jens Hortling and the guitarist Ilkka Luttinen. It had always been a trio playing primitive garage rock. But in the years 2016 and 2017 the band had to reinvent itself. First they drafted a new guitarist Juha Laine and then they started to make a record. The sound of that record would be different from the old Toxics and not only because they brought a bass to the line up. The first album has escaped from the garage towards more nuanced spaces. There’s pub rock, power pop and influences from 1960’s garage rock. Hortling’s voice and Luttinen’s guitar are recognizable but other than that the band sounds new. In the year 2017 The Toxics have five members. Hortling sings, Luttinen and Laine play guitar, Ari-Pekka Heinola is on bass and Riku Korhonen on drums. The song on which they sing about secrets and hoaxes is called: Secret. The Toxics may have stumbled but they never fell. They believe in the power of rock. Mastered by Tim Warren.
- [engl] Acoustic duo, Sleeper Bill (singer/ guitarist of Sleepwalkerz) and Mr Tof (upright bass for Hudson Maker) blend folk, blues, rockabilly and country to create a magnetic live show of original music. The two friends came together in 2015 with a mutual love of Americana, influenced by heavyweights Johnny Cash, Hank III and Bob Wayne, which shines through their vintage sound. They recruited the beautiful Mylène in 2016 on the musical saw and washboard, adding to their twang and continuing to present their own catchy rhythms and melodies with tales of heartache and loneliness.
- [engl] James McCann’s latest album with the New Vindictives, Gotta Lotta Move - Boom!, released on vinyl on French label Beast Records and on CD on Off the Hip, sees McCann return to the punk rock roots that inspired him as a teenager. Featuring a co-write with Penny Ikinger (I Can Control Your Mind) and a cover of Spencer P Jones’ Life in Jail, Gotta Love Move - Boom! is nine doses of punk-spiked rock’n’roll guaranteed to kick you into excitement. This is a record awash with the punk attitude of the Sex Pistols, the rhythmic brutality of Feedtime and the leather-clad rock’n’roll passion of Motörhead.
- [engl] Melbourne’s soul-surf garage party animals La Bastard return with their long awaited third studio album, Trouble. Recorded at Soundpark Studios in Melbourne with Andrew “Idge” Hehir (Swedish Magazines, Dave Graney, Darling Downs) and mixed by Sam Lowe (Eaten By Dogs), Trouble is La Bastard’s most realised work to date. A more personal, soul influenced affair, the band adds richness to their tight four-piece sound with complex arrangements and guest performances from a range of Melbourne’s most talented musicians. Featuring guest performances from Chris Russell (Chris Russell’s Chicken Walk), Joe Cope (Big Smoke), Zoe K, Kate Alexander (Junk Horses, Ute Root), Rich Davies and many more!