- 01 Midnight Desire
02. Rock It Down[engl] Two slices of prime cut DISCO–BOOGIE–FUNK from 1979 by this US band formed by siblings Rebecca Dru and Ian Wilson. Featuring Tower Of Power horn section.
- Soul / Funk / Jazz
- 01. Song For Alice
02. Dreams That Money Can Buy
03. Days On A Mountain
04. Good Old Days
05. Tearoom In The Train
06. Batavia[engl] Minx / Zimmerman were a duo comprised of Don Minx (Marq van Broekhoven, now a well known comics artist) and Aldomir Zimmerman (Tonnie Eiting), two friends from the city of Eindhoven, who were into comics, avant–garde music and homemade cassette recordings. Influenced by diverse bands / artists such as John Foxx, Brian Eno, Fad Gadget, Sparks or Devo, (among many others), they decided to release an album. "Minx / Zimermman" was the result, self–released on their Freudian Backroom label, now very sought–after by minimal wave collectors.
- 01. Three Way Situation (part 1)
02. Three Way Situation (Part 2)
[engl] Classic CARIBBEAN DISCO–FUNK / MODERN SOUL from 1979 by Trinidad Soul Diva NADIE LA FOND. Produced by RICHARD ’NAPPY’ MAYERS. First ever vinyl reissue of this sought–after 12".
- 01. Let Yourself Go
02. Let Yourself Go (version)
[engl] CARIBBEAN DISCO–FUNK DANCEFLOOR BOMB by the great RICHARD ’NAPPY’ MAYERS, the man behind some of the best Soca, Disco and Funk sounds ever produced in Trinidad.
- 01. Baila La Guerra
02. Nestor El Cyborg
04. Cadena Informativa
07. El Trabajo de Las Máquinas
08. En Equipo
[engl] In 1983, Aviador Dro, the legendary Spanish synth–pop band, are living their best moment: their own record label (DRO) is working full time; they share management with famous Spanish New Wave bands like Alaska & Los Pegamoides, Los Nikis, Gabinete Caligari, etc; their songs are heavily played on the radio and they play numerous gigs all across Spain. That’s when the band decide to create their most ambitious project to date: a deluxe boxset titled "Síntesis: La Producción al Poder", released in 1983, including two LPs ("Tesis" and "Antítesis"), a 7" and a booklet. A few months later, "Tesis" is released separately with a slight change on the tracklist. This is the edition we’ve reissued here. Subtitled as "eight great stories of science and future", "Tesis" featured "the most recommended songs for the industrial dance". This is in fact another minimal wave / synth–pop classic, including anthems like "Baila la guerra", "Vortex", "Nestor el cyborg"... * Sound from the original masters * Original artwork * 8–page booklet with liner notes, photos and memorabilia
- 01. Brigada de Demolición
03. La Televisión Es Nutritiva
04. Cita En El Asteroide
06. Sintonía de La Moda Estandarizada (Collage del Aviador Dro)
07. El Laberinto del Nuevo Minotauro
09. Selector de Frecuencias
10. La Cicatriz de La Fábrica Roja.
[engl] Legendary Spanish synth–pop band AVIADOR DRO was formed in Madrid in the late ’70s, influenced by bands like DEVO, KRAFTWERK or CABARET VOLTAIRE as well as by Sci–Fi and movements like punk, futurism, anarchism, Dada... Dressed in matching space–age / futurist uniforms, the group created a particular synth–pop sound, which they defined as "tecno–pop". Signed to the major Movieplay label, where they released a couple of 45s, in 1982 the band decide to go the DIY way and they launch their own record label: DRO (Radioactive Records Organized) which will be the most important independent label in Spain during the 80s. That same year, Aviador Dro release their groundbreaking first album, "Alas Sobre El Mundo" ("Wings Over The World"), which is now widely considered as a real synth–pop / minimal wave classic, full of analogue synths, drum machines, Vocoder...Including some of their most known songs like "Ondina", "Selector de Frecuencias", "La TV es Nutritiva", etc.
- 01. Deja Que El Mundo Sea Feliz Otra Vez (Let The World Be Happy Again)
02. Camino Equivocado (Wrong Way)
03. No Me Presiones (Don’t Push Me)
04. Canción Ritual (Ritual Song)[engl] First ever legit vinyl reissue of this obscure Cosmic Disco / Balearic / Afro gem from Mexico, originally released as a private pressing in 1978 and featuring famous drummer Jesús Muñoz "Tilico", a giant musician who appeared on countless recordings and accompanied famous figures like Paul Mauriat and Carl Tjader among many others. Four superb long tracks including the Cosmic underground club classic "Ritual Song". Hot Pepper was a studio project created by Mexican drummer / producer /arranger Jesús Muñoz "Tilico" who in the late 70s decided to record an album in a disco–funk vein, helped by some of his friends who were top session musicians. "Spanglish Movement" was the result, written and produced by "Tilico", released in 1978 as a tiny private edition housed in a fabulous Afro cover. Being "Tilico" an enormous drummer, you can expect here lots of heavy drums, congas and percussion, surrounded by crazy space synths, male–female vocals, Latin horns, Afro touches and occasional fuzz guitar.
- Soul / Funk / Jazz
- 01. Messages From The Stars (Long Wave Mix)
02. Messages From The Stars (Astro Mix)
03. Messages From The Stars (Short Wave Mix)[engl] "I get messages from the stars, when you’re making love to me, I get messages from the stars, you must be from another galaxy..." With its heavy drum machines, funky bass line, female vocals and analogue synths, "Messages from the stars" is an Electro–Pop / Cosmic / Boogie–Synth club classic. Remixed, sampled and played a million times by worldwide DJs, here’s the original 12" which set dance clubs on fire back in 1983.
- Soul / Funk / Jazz
- 01. Hagámoslo Juntos
02. Voy Desnuda
04. Lograremos Volar
06. ¡Gózame Ya!
07. ¡Quítate El Sostén!
09. Hagamos El Amor
10. ¡Qué Calor!
11. Mi Chico Favorito
12. Un Sitio Bajo El Sol
13. Tócame[engl]Susana Estrada was one of the muses and main figures from the period known as ’Transition’ in Spain. No other woman represented better than her the freedom and sexual revolution which the country experienced in the 70s after the end of the dictatorship. A truly erotic Goddess, Susana was a model, singer and actress and one of the first women to perform fully–naked plays in Spain. She appeared in numerous erotic magazines and movies and her famous sexual counselling column for Play–Lady magazine caused a big commotion at the time. She reached fame with her erotic musical plays like "Historias Del Strip–Tease", "Muñecas" (where she simulated to have sex with a robot!) or "Machos". As a singer, in 1980 Susana released her first 45 for the Belter label from Barcelona: "Machos" / "Acaríciame". Produced by Josep Lobell and Manuel Gas, it contained two sexy disco tracks which paved the way for her first LP, "Amor y Libertad" (Love and Freedom), released on the Belter sub–label Sauce in 1981. Produced by Cosmic Disco pioneer Josep Llobell (Oliver’s Planet), this is a real fest of 80s Italo Disco, Munich Sound, Boogie, Funk and Modern Soul. The fabulous, minimal production of Llobell collides with the sensual vocals and moanings of Susana, singing about sexual liberation and freedom.
- Soul / Funk / Jazz
- 01. Turas (Vocal Mix)
02. Turas (Instrumental Mix)[engl] First ever legit vinyl reissue of this ITALO–DISCO / FUNK anthem from 1983 produced by TONY CARRASCO and originally released on Proto Records. File next to KLEIN & MBO.
- 01. House At The Sea
02. Mandy[engl] First ever vinyl reissue of this rare & sought after private 12" from Germany, 1979, recorded at the legendary Conny’s Studio. Smooth & laid–back disco–funk–balearic sounds, including the underground club classic "House At The Sea". Goya was a german band featuring drummer Charles M. Heuer, also a collaborator of Günter Schickert.